At Dr Walker’s C of E Primary School we offer 32.5 hours of weekly learning as directed by the DfE
The school day is as follows:
- Pupils will enter the school via the front gate and school entrance by the office. The front gate is open from 8:20am.
- The school day starts at 8.30 am when children can begin to come into school.
- Registers are taken at 8.40-8.45 am.
- At 8.45 am the registers will be closed.
- Children arriving between 8.45-9.00 am are required to come into school via the school office. If accompanied by a parent/carer they must sign them into our ‘Late Book’ and provide a reason for their lateness which is recorded. Children will be given a Late ‘L’ mark by the school office and registers updated.
- After 9.00 am – children sign in at the school office and are marked as a ‘U’ code – loss of the session. This gives a 30 minute window from the gates opening for children to get into school before the ‘U’ code is applied.
- In accordance with the Regulations, if your child arrives after 9am they will receive a mark that shows them to be on site – ‘U’, but this will not count as a present mark and it will mean they have an unauthorised absence
- The school may contact parents/carers regarding lateness
- From time to time a member of school staff will undertake a ‘Late Gate’ check, greeting late arrivals at the main entrance to the school
- School day ends at 15:20 on Mondays to Thursdays and on a Friday at 15:00.