Welcome to Dr Walker’s Church of
England Primary School
– An Exceptional Place to Flourish –
We warmly welcome you to our school and hope our prospectus gives you an insight into our wonderful school community.
As Headteacher of Dr Walker’s Church of England Primary School, I am very proud of our school and the achievements of our children.
This prospectus is designed to demonstrate our aims, how we try to achieve them and to answer your questions about the day-to-day organisation and routines of our school.
Dr Walker’s Church of England Primary school is currently graded as GOOD by Ofsted (June 2019) and GOOD by SIAMS (November 2017) inspections respectively.
We are excited about further developing and building on these strong foundations, as we seek to move to outstanding in all areas, providing pupils:
- a safe and secure space,
- a fun and creative, broad-and-balanced curriculum,
- a caring and nurturing environment where it is okay to make mistakes and learn from them,
- a place in which pupils behave well and get on well with each other,
- excellent spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, and
- with a clear set of Christian values underpinned by the Church of England’s vision.
I know that a successful and happy school depends on all of us working together and therefore the importance of effective communication is of paramount importance.
We are blessed with a very supportive Governing Body and dedicated staff who go above and beyond their expected duties.
Parents make an important contribution to their children’s achievements at school, and I want to develop the relationship between the school and parents for everyone’s benefit.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further queries.
If you would like to know more about our school, you are more than welcome to come and visit us.
Dr. Llewellen Lawson
PhD, MTh, BA, DipEd, QTS, NPQH